It’s that special day of the year again (heart eyes emoticon)! As taboo as it is, this is my favorite holiday. I’m just so full of love!
As the hopeless romantic that I am, just like all other women in the world, there is nothing better than getting a sweet box of chocolates from your honey bunny. There is just something about eating a chocolate out of a heart-shaped box guilt free and not having to feel like a big fat piece of poop. Oh but wait a second. You always DO end up feeling like a big fat piece of poop because those chocolates you are eating aren’t actually chocolate, they are processed sugar, caramel colouring, poly-chemical pieces of death wrapped up in pretty red foil wrappers.
So all you men out there, you’re right about getting us chocolates for Vday, but how about this year you get us the real thing? Or even better make it (made with love converts into love making). I’m talking about REAL raw cacao. Some benefits?
– highest food source of antioxidants
– super high in magnesium. That’s why us women crave this stuff around that time of the month-the magnesium soothes cramps and gets rid of the headaches.
– prevents heart disease, promotes a healthy heart…especially around Valentine’s Day!
These peanut butter love cups are like Cupid’s crack. Make them for that special someone and they will instantly fall in love…
Peanut (or any other nut) Butter Love Cups
1/3 cup cacao butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cacao powder
1/4 cup raw honey + 1 tsp honey
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/8-1/4 tsp arrowroot powder (for thickening)
– in a double boiler (pot with water, smaller pot inside pot of water over low heat) melt the cacao butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, and 1/4 cup raw honey together until smooth.
– using a popable ice cube tray, or mini muffin cups, spoon chocolate mixture into the cups just so each of the bottoms are covered. Freeze or refrigerate for 10 minutes.
– …meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together peanut butter, 1 tsp raw honey, and arrowroot powder together until you are able to roll the peanut butter in your hands with out sticking all over the place.
– take chocolate out of freezer, and place a small amount of peanut butter into each of the cups. Pour the rest of the chocolate mixture over cups, until peanut butter is completely covered.
– freeze for another half hour.
– put them in a pretty box and give them to a special someone.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!