I’m a sucker for chips. Those salty bites of pure bliss are sometimes just too hard to resist. The second that MSG touches my tongue I am a goner. Like any other addict, you can’t just stop at one. Those damn Lays people knew what they were talking about!
Thankfully, I have found my cure. Still a chip yes – but flexified. But unfortunately once an addict. always an addict. I introduce to you kale chips; my new drug of choice.
Cheezy Kale Chips
1 head of kale
1/2 cup cashews, soaked
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp sea salt
– wash and dry kale. Break into chip sized pieces
– in a blender (magic bullet does the trick), blend together all other ingredients.
– pour mixture over kale, and mix with your hands until kale is all evenly coated.
– put kale on dehydrator racks or a baking sheet
– dehydrate for 3-4 hours in dehydrator OR bake at your oven’s lowest temperature for 3-4 hours (leave the oven door open a crack for moisture to escape)
* WARNING CONSUMPTION OF KALE CHIPS MAY CAUSE IMPROVED HEALTH AND OVERALL WELLBEING.